Cue Waitress Soundtrack:
I love baking. It is kind of therapeutic for me. Something comes over me when I bust out my KitchenAid Mixer. There is satisfaction that comes with throwing a bunch of ingredients together and making a delightful creation-especially when that delightful creation is your own!
I am all about the “Treat Yoself” motto. I do not have a huge sweet tooth (more of a Doritos kind of gal) but who doesn’t love a warm, gooey brownie? This is not your typical brownie recipe. These are flourless for all of the gluten free people in your life and contain beans and avocado. Not only are you enjoying a decadent brownie, but you are enjoying a decadent brownie chock full of fiber and healthy fats! So no guilt if you’re having seconds (or thirds!).
What you will need:
15 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
½ a ripe avocado
3 tablespoons coconut oil
A few drops of vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup sugar
¼ cup dark cocoa powder
¼ cup honey
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup dark chocolate chips (or nuts or coconut-you do you!)
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Put your beans and avocado in a food processor and pulse until it is mashed up (I tried to mash them with a fork and it was way easier in the processor)
- Mix your wet ingredients
- Mix your dry ingredients in separate bowl minus chocolate chips or whatever add on you chose!
- Mix everything together and fold in chocolate chips
- Pour into greased pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean
- Let cool before cutting and enjoy!